Wednesday, September 14, 2011

The CLAW......or how I got to be a Hot Mess

Old age ain't pretty, let me tell ya.    It's that time of year (again) when I lose clumps of fur. I've got big patches  of it sticking out all over me. Mom just grabs a handful and plucks it out. Don't worry - there's more where that came from.  

Face it, I'm a HOT MESS.  The other day, as I was passed out  relaxing on the living room rug, Mom noticed some schmutz (ssh-MUT-tze) on my paw.   For those of you who don't speak Yiddish  (HELLO! Michelle Bachman??)  that means, crud, or crusty,  well....stuff.     And she noticed this.   





Yeah,  it is curling underneath itself. Doesn't hurt, but Mom sure flipped,  then she yelled "I said NO CLAWS, human feet ONLY!!"

So today, I'm off to the vet for a Pawdicure.   Spa Day - the whole 9 yards, the works.    So talk to ya later.    If I'm a bit silly, it's just because they served me a bit to much champagne with my peeled grapes and caviar!

Love,
the Foo

9 comments:

Payton said...

I'm so glad that there's another "mature" girl pug out there! Seems most of our friends are such young whipper snappers that haven't the foggiest idea what us old ladies go through! A few of my nails do that too so mom and dad try desperately to keep up with them even though I give them heck about it. And I did an entire post about my hair situation...we don't want to even go there!
Love,
Payton

Minnie Moo said...

Wowsers, those Moms freak out sometimes. Good luck.

Muah,

Minnie Moo

Mia said...

Sweet Foo!! Hope you enjoy your spa day!! You deserve all the peeled grapes (seedless of course) and champagne you can handle!! So glad your claw doesn't hurt. I've become convinced that its in the momma's job description to freak out over everything!!

~kisses~

Mia

Kitty+Coco said...

UH OH!!!! I gots a claw too in the same place, and it is no fun at all to get trimmed. Try to be good and not nip the spa lady.

Kitty+coco

a boy a girl and a pug said...

were not big fans of paw-dicures around here. my mama has also been pulling lots of tuffs out of my hair and says she's ready for winter.

Wilma said...

Oh Foo! I sure hope it wasn't much of a hassle to rectify that. This past year Brigitte cracked a claw, that was painful. Glad it doesn't hurt. And you are right, getting old kinda sucks!

Sequoia & Petunia & Emma said...

Hey Foo

I have curly q toes too! Mom has to trim mine at least every two weeks, since I don't walk on hard surfaces they grow fast. Don't worry curly q toes can earn you extra treats.

Hugs
Old Lady Tuni

Tweedles -- that's me said...

I think you will have a fun day at the spa,, think of all the kissys you will get, and all the smiles you will see
love
tweedles

Chicas Libelulas said...

Hola Foo!!
Hope you had a great day at the Spa and it did not hurt so much!!
Bechos
Spongy,Licky & Patrick